Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby's Name

I just recently started following KellysKorner blog, and every week she has this "Show Us Your Life" meme. This week the theme is baby names. I decided to participate this week and explain how we came up with Macy's name. I simply copied and pasted this from my December 2008 post, so some of you may have already read this.

First name: Macy

No, not after the department store, Macy Gray, or William H. Macy. We just like the name, it's a little different, it's only two syllables, easy to pronounce, and it's short (up against her gigantizoid last name). Also, when I was looking at the Nowell family tree (after we had decided on Macy), I came across a Macy Nowell who was born probably in the late 1800's/early 1900s, and was my great-grandfather's brother's daughter. How cool is that?! So it's a family name too.

Middle name: Blair

It's my mom's maiden name. Simple as that. And it's pretty.

Second middle name (yes, that's correct): Bunman

Pronounced boon-MON, it's Burin's mother's first name. He really wanted her name to be a part of the baby's name, and his mom meant the world to him (she passed away in February 2008), so I can understand. :) And, Macy can just use the middle initial B, which will go for either middle name.

Last name: N.

Sooo.. there you have it: Macy Blair Bunman N.

2 comments:

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post! I love your name picks!Love the name Macy! Your blog is to cute! Hope you have a great weekend

The Thornton Family said...

I've been reading her blog for a while. I really like her - I think it's the quirkiness of her personality.....

Like your new signature. There's lots I need and want to change on my blog but just can't find the time. My signature is one of them. Oh well - one day....

Stacey