Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall, Family, Fun, Festivals, and Fairs

I think October may just be my favorite month. It brings the start of the fall season, the Mississippi State Fair, my birthday, fall festivals, and Halloween!

Now, I admit, pre-baby we didn't go to the fair or any festivals, but now that we have Macy, I want to start being more active and start traditions early. And let me tell you, we have ventured out more in the past week than we have in the past ten years!

This past Saturday, we went to the Township Fall Festival on Highland Colony (didn't get there til towards the end but we still ate and had a family portrait made with the pony!). From there, we went to the Jackson Street Fall Festival. Not a lot going on there, but it was still nice to get out and walk around in the cool air.

On Monday, we went to the fair for a couple of hours. I think Macy enjoyed all the sights, smells, and sounds. Burin played a couple of games and won her a couple of stuffed animals! Then of course we had to eat some of the fair food. We ate at Penn's (this doesn't constitute as "fair food" to me though since you can go to Penn's at any time of the year), shared a funnel cake, and Burin got a roasted corn... cob.. thing. It was the first time in YEARS that I had been to the fair, and I'm pretty sure it was my and Burin's first time to go together as well! I'm telling you, we don't get out much, unless it's Target or WalMart.

This coming Saturday is the Renaissance Fall Festival. I'm not sure we'll make it to that one though since Burin has to work both Friday and Saturday nights, plus Macy and I have a little birthday party to go to that afternoon, but it sounds kinda fun.

Halloween is coming up after that and I cannot wait to get Macy all dressed up for her first Halloween! What oh what will she be??? ;)

2 comments:

Dana {Sew Thrifty} said...

awesomeness!! I love that you're starting traditions early! can't wait to see some Christmas/Thanksgiving traditions. I think we should play toss the baby...or baby football. tehehe

Brandi said...

the sad thing is, macy would probably love it! :D