Thursday, August 6, 2009

I think this one calls for celebration


The first few times it was no big deal. I would dutifully take my lotion, lip gloss, and anti-bacterial out of the little purple makeup bag in my purse, put it in a Ziploc, and, like any obedient airline passenger, place it in the bin for TSA to inspect under the x-ray machine at the airport. I flew so many times between LAX and JAN last year that after a while, that Ziploc eventually became my permanent makeup bag. Switching those liquids from one bag to the other would be one less thing to worry about when traveling.

But somewhere along the way, I misplaced the little purple makeup bag, and I kept putting off looking for a new one because, well, the Ziploc worked fine, I guess. I mean, sure, it wasn't pretty, and no, I never took it out of my purse in public, but still, I just never put in the effort to get a new one. But yesterday, in the glorious land of Target, I finally got one. After carrying my powder and lip gloss around in a dirty, beat up Ziploc in my purse for a year - I think this calls for celebration.

1 comment:

The Thornton Family said...

Yay! You got a cute new make-up bag! Who cares! Where's a picture of the baby????

Just kidding - it is a cute bag. :)