Thursday, November 29, 2007

Second stop: Tucson, AZ

I think driving on I-20 across west Texas is the most boring thing I have ever done in my entire life. No, seriously. Between Abilene and El Paso there is nothing, and I do mean nothing, besides you and a million truckers. I got so bored I had to dig out my camera. Here are a few results.

A nice sunset:



Some kind of self-portrait:



And a thumbs-up from my chauffer:




When we finally made it to El Paso, we made a Starbucks stop (surprise?). El Paso is a really nice place. I was impressed.

However, I was not so impressed with New Mexico. It stinks. Literally. No sooner than we got crossed over the state line did it start stankin'. It smelled like.. well.. the stinky end of a farm. Then we had to go through "Border Patrol," which consisted of stopping, the guy asking if we're citizens, us nodding our heads yes, him saying "ok," and us going about our business. I mean.....?....

We called it a night about 11pm when we got to Tucson, AZ, and by that time I was reeallly tired. We stopped again at a Best Western, and I was highly disappointed when I found out at breakfast that they didn't have an Arizona-shaped waffle-maker.
:(

Til next time...
♥brandi

No comments: